Today the CAA kicks off a series dedicated to the work of Dr. Edgar Andrews.
There are five posts in this series:
1. Featured apologist: Dr. Edgar Andrews (Live on September 24, 2012)
2. On ENCODE, from the Last “Creationist” to Debate Richard Dawkins (Live on September 25, 2012)
- Includes fresh commentary from Dr. Andrews.
3. Book Review: Dr. Edgar Andrews‘ “Who Made God?” (Live on September 26, 2012)
4. Quote: Edgar Andrews: I wasn’t brought up in a Christian family (Live on September 27, 2012)
5. The Poached Egg Podcast: Who Made God? with Dr. Edgar Andrews (Live on September 28, 2012)
Bio taken from Dr. Andrews’ Who Made God? website:
Professor Edgar H. Andrews (BSc, PhD, DSc, FInstP, FIMMM, CEng, CPhys.) is Emeritus Professor of Materials at the University of London and an international expert on the science of large molecules. In 1967 he set up the Department of Materials at Queen Mary College, University of London, and served both as its Head and later as Dean of Engineering. He has published well over 100 scientific research papers and books, together with two Bible Commentaries and various works on science and religion and on theology. His book From Nothing to Nature has been translated into ten languages.
Edgar Andrews was an international consultant to the Dow Chemical Company (USA) for over thirty years and to the 3M Company (USA) for twenty years. He was a non-executive director of Denbyware PLC throughout the 1970s and for five years a member of the Scientific Advisory Board of Neste Oy, the national oil company of Finland. He also acted for many years as an expert scientific witness in a variety of cases in the British High Court and in courts in USA and Canada.
In September 1972 he was one of four specially invited speakers at the dedication symposium of the Michigan Molecular Institute, two of the others being Nobel Laureates Paul Flory and Melvin Calvin.
At the Oxford Union ‘Huxley Memorial Debate’ in 1986 he debated with Richard Dawkins on the motion, ‘That the doctrine of creation is more valid than the theory of evolution’. (Recordings of the debate are available on the Internet).
He is currently Acting Pastor of the Campus Church, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, UK and his sermons can be found at www.campuschurch.org.uk.